Our Five Spring Cleaning Tips
As pollen invades our daily life and turns your red car into an explosion of yellow, you need a clean and safe haven at home! While we believe that our services are impeccable, we must admit that we can provide even better service when your home is best prepared for it. We want to help give you a head start with these five spring cleaning tips:
- Declutter! But not all at once. It’s tempting to spend hours upon hours cleaning your entire home on a free Saturday. You probably won’t finish, but even if you do, before you know it, you are head-first into Monday without having had time to relax. That’s why we recommend taking it slow. Start by cleaning the junk out of each room in your house. It might take a few days, but if you donate an hour to decluttering each night before bed, you’d be surprised to find yourself finished with the project before the weekend even arrives. Decluttering is a must before a deep, spring clean!
- Donate or trash? It’s easy to throw everything you need to get out of your house into a trash bag and head straight for the dumpster, but the best thing is to separate what can be donated to a local charity. Stick the donation bag into your car so that you can drop off the items at your convenience. You might not even have to make a special trip. Take the bag on your way home from work or on the way to pick up the kids from school.
- Don’t be afraid of the garage. It’s easy to declutter the house and neglect the garage, but the garage is often a catch-all for our junk. If you have big price items to get rid of, consider hosting a garage sale. Otherwise, give your garage the same TLC that your house is receiving.
- Clean out your car. Make sure you are surrounded by cleanliness in all areas of your life! In addition to decluttering your home, also declutter your car. You’d be surprised what can pile up in the back seat!
- Hire Independence Cleaning Services! When your house is decluttered, don’t stop there! Let us do the rest of the work by performing a deep clean on your house. You will be surprised how much longer it will stay clean now that you’ve decluttered and had it professionally cleaned. Contact us today for a quote!